Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 9, 2009

We're back!! (WARNING: No pictures and minor bragging)

Every time I post I make some bad excuse about why it has been so long. I am not even going to try this time. For those of you dying to see pictures from our Holy Land Tour, I am going to try really hard to get some up this weekend. For those of you dying to see new pictures of Lydia and Levi, I am going to try to get those up this weekend as well. Here is a quick update:

We had well child check ups yesterday. Levi at 9 months is 29 1/2 inches long (85%) and 21 pounds (50%). He has been standing on his own for about 2 months and has started taking steps over the past 2 weeks. We are up to 4-6 steps at a time. He still isn't talking or babbling much. He can do it, he just prefers to be quiet. Yes, he gets this from me. He will say Mama, but I'm pretty sure he thinks it means Get me out of here, I want something and Pick me up. He will repeat Dada to us, but still isn't understanding who that is. He recognizes his name and can wave sometimes. It is so funny how different boys are from girls!! He is our happy happy baby, loves to cuddle and is always very excited to see us when he wakes up or when we get home. Levi is just a joy to be around...OH and he has just one tooth. One GINORMOUS, crooked tooth. It is the funniest thing. Pictures to come.

Lydia at 22 months is a whopping 35 1/2 inches tall (95%) and 29 pounds (80%). She is definitely going to tower over her mother, and could potentially be close to 6 feet tall. CRAZY! Anyhoo...Dr. O'neill confirmed what we already know about Lydia: she is VERY smart. She is saying 5-7 word sentences and will say 2-3 sentences at a time. She can count to ten (as long as you say the 4), and knows most of her colors most of the time. Dr. O'neill was impressed that she sat still and let him check her out, and that she followed all of his commands. She and I talked alot yesterday morning about going to the doctor and how she should act. I even explained that she was going to get a shot that would hurt. She asked if she could have a Nemo bandaid after, and I told her she could. How sweet! Our previous two visits to the doctor were MISERABLE! I fully expected the same, but she was amazingly great. She barely even cried at the shot and she knew it was coming. I was so proud of her.

Okay, enough bragging on the kids. Our favorite thing right now is watching the two of them play together. They love each other very much and love to hug/wrestle. Not ever sure exactly which of those two events is taking place...too hard to tell! Lydia calls Levi "brother" and tells him they are best friends. Nothing could be sweeter!

I am fully aware that most of you check this blog to find out about the kids, but I am really excited to tell everyone that I have started WORKING OUT! Finally! It is really hard because the only time I have to do it is after the kids go to bed, so I am not even home until 10:30-11 every night. BUT, it is going to be worth it. We are doing P90x and I really recommend it to anyone who needs a program. 25 pounds to lose. Hopefully I can do it in the 90 days of this program!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So p90x really does work? Maybe after the stress of moving is over i'll have to try it out....