Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Coming Home

We came home Sunday...just two days after our precious Lydia made it into the world! I got so emotional on the ride home. I just couldn't quit crying- more like sobbing. Necon was so worried I was unhappy and didn't like the new baby. I think everything just hit me at once. We were so unprepared for "the moment" when it happened and we just kind of soldiered through the whole experience at the hospital. We had a really tough first night trying to get her to sleep in the bassinette, so on just the second night home I broke one of our rules we made: no sleeping in the bed. We all slept so wonderfully I didn't even feel bad about it. (Sorry JoEllyn...I know I am disappointing!!) She also got her first bottle (breastmilk of course!) because Mommy was in too much pain to breastfeed. I finally broke down and started taking the serious pain meds. Hopefully the bassinette issue will resolve soon and we will all get good sleep...I'm not holding my breath.

Our Wonderful Nurses: Stacy and Marie

She very thankfully LOVES her carseat!!

Mommy is exhausted from all the crying...Lydia just enjoying her favorite sleep spot!!

Daddy LOVES his girl...she doesn't seem to mind him either!!

It took a few minutes, but the first bottle feed went really well

Lydia was screaming and we couldn't get her to calm down. We had one of the music channels playing on the TV to try to get her to settle down and eat. All of the sudden she was silent and eating away. We looked up at the TV and the song playing was called "Lydia"!!! Crazy huh??

1 comment:

JoEllyn said...

Girl, please...Both of my boys slept WITH me in our bed when they were newborns. It is just SO easy and SO sweet!! And the bassinet is all those feet away...I was so lazy and so sleepy. I love reading your blog and keeping up with your daily adventures in being mommy.
love u!