Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 12, 2007

Sleeping Beauty

Whenever people ask about how the baby is doing, I try to keep my fingers crossed that no one asks how she is sleeping. Lydia has slept through the night just about every night since she was about 10 days old. For the last 5 nights in a row, I havent even had to roll over and rock the bassinette or put her pacifier back in her mouth and pat her bottom. She has just slept like a rock every night! When we divulge this information to other parents, we often are treated as if we are not being inducted into parenthood in the proper way. I am not complaining in the least, and I am sure that we are going to get twice our share with the next baby!! These are my favorite of her recent sleeping pictures...

Lydia sleeping in her bassinette...which she absolutely loves!!
I finally gave in and let her sleep on her tummy...

Lydia and Ruth

My...what long fingers you have!!

Her favorite place to sleep...with her daddy!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Jeni, I just now saw your question about pumping on our blog. I pumped like a maniac when I found out that Benson wasn't gaining weight breastfeeding. I think that I pumped every 2 hours at first and it took at least 2 weeks to make as much as he was needing. I think that my motivation was that the Dr. said that I would have to eventually have to give him 1/2 formula and that i would never make enough milk for him pumping. I had to prove her wrong!!! After I got my milk going though I pumped as often as he ate (every three hours.) The worst was at night because I still sat an alarm to get up and pump. Eventually it all evens out though. But I have noticed that it takes about 2 weeks for your body to regulate itself. If you have any questions, please call me!! Jenn