Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

And Three Became Four

Friday morning we got up bright and early to get to the hospital. I tried really really hard to have everything ready ahead of time. I stayed up until midnight, got up at 5:30 and we were still almost 20 minutes LATE to the hospital!! We walked in and the nurses were all laughing because my family beat me there, which I already knew because I saw mom's car in the parking deck when we were coming in. I walked into the room and saw not only mom, Alicia and Rebecca, but Aunt Susan AND Uncle David, Aunt Beverly, Michelle and Cooper (some of my family from Oklahoma City!!) They ALL made it before we did. We took one last family photo and I changed into my gown, got into bed and went through all of the preparations for our c-section.



Cooper and Lydia waiting for Levi



We rolled back to the OR around 8:30. I was super nervous about my anesthesia because we had a not so good experience with the spinal when we had Lydia. My wonderful nurses had arranged for our head attending anesthesiologist to come for the procedure. It went off without a hitch and from then on, I was completely relaxed!! Levi was born at 9:04 am. I kept waiting to hear the "It's a Boy" announcement, but none came. Necon went to look at him and take some pictures. When he came back to me he eased the fears I had over the last few weeks and said we had a precious baby boy. Everyone was taking bets on how much Levi weighed. They ranged from 7 lbs even all the way to 8 1/2 lbs. I guessed 7 lbs 6 oz...the final total was 7 lbs 5oz.















Lydia seeing her brother for the first time











Our sweet baby boy


Lydia giving kisses







Repeat C-Sections are MUCH better than post 17 hours of labor C-Sections








My AMAZING nurse (and friend) Heather









Pop and OG



Necon's friend Derek and his wife came to visit. Guess we didn't get a picture of Michele...

Pawpaw Bass





Dr. Terry did our C-section with Dr. Wendel AND Levi's circumcision.
That is why Levi looks SOOOO sad...


First Razorback Game Day

We woke up Saturday morning and got ready to watch the Razorbacks. It wasn't the game we hoped for, but we all had fun anyway!!









Lydia showed up around halftime and was even more excited to see her brother than we expected!! She couldn't quit loving on him...so cute!




Feels strange to refer to having kidS, but I couldn't imagine anything being more fun
Family of Four

3 comments:

Michelle said...

The pics of Lydia loving on Levi are so cute! I'm going to mail that cd of pictures to you all, there are a ton, and a lot look the same, but I wasn't going to make choices for you! Glad everyone is doing well, seeing you with your 2 makes me want another! Love you!

Cortney said...

He is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy that everything went well.

You guys are so cute in your razorback gear. Girl, that is thinkin' ahead now!

Kristi said...

So precious. What blessings! Congrats