Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Facing Forward

We dropped Lydia off with Jill last week along with her gigantic new combination carseat. This means her carseat can go both rear facing and forward facing. Since she can stay rear facing for up to 35 pounds, we have still been keeping her that way. Apparently Necon did not let Jill in on this peice of information when he gave her the carseat, so naturally she put the seat in forward facing and Lydia enjoyed it very much. We had been contemplating the switch anyway because she absolutely HATED her carseat and we thought it might make it better if she could see out and look around. Because I really didn't want to miss seeing her riding forward for the first time, I had Necon take some pictures. (Yes this means he was driving AND taking pictures at the same time.)





As you can see she really does love riding in the car this direction. She likes to look at us in the rearview mirror and talk and sing to us. So sweet!! I just can't get over how big she looks in the seat! I am also sad because she is losing some of her baby fat. I knew it would happen once she started walking, but I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. I am hoping it is not because I am starving her to death. We are getting ready to switch to whole milk from formula and she already eats pretty much whatever we are eating. I am worried that I am not giving her enough good nutrition. Any suggestions would be more than welcomed!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Whoops, sorry! She was VERY happy in the car and had a very pleased look on her face. Now I know why. Hope this doesn't mean that I am out as a babysitter. I knew that she was a year and she is NO DOUBT 20 lbs! Not sure where you are coming up with the whole losing fat, that chick is solid in the most adorable way possible.

~~Kerri~~ said...

Yes that step to the big girl carseat is a big one. Momma she is growing up and I love watching her grow through your blog....