Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Visit From Ike

We woke up Sunday morning to see this as we were leaving for Church:
We lost a portion of our HUGE Bradford Pear in the spring and had a really hard time deciding if we should cut it down or try to let it regrow. Necon wanted to just cut it down since most of the tree was now leaning toward the house. I just couldn't bring myself to cut down such a huge beautiful tree. Now there was two sections of branches left: one hanging over Levi's nursery and one hanging over Lydia's nursery. We had no choice. We went to church, ate dinner at mom and dad's and dad was going to meet us at our house to help Necon cut down the tree. When we got home there was a team of workers in the front yard clearing out the tree. Dad, John Reese, Jim Ashley, David Tipton and Barry Strevig (along with Necon of course) got the tree cut down and piled up in just over an hour. What a blessing to have such a wonderful church family!!







Here is what our house looked like when we bought it...



Here is what it looks like now. It makes me sad everytime we drive up!!
I know we are going to miss the wonderful shade we enjoyed for the last two years...




The lantern has also been a point of contention between Necon and me since we bought the house. I think it is dumb and reminds me of The Chronicles of Narnia. Now it looks even dumber and I think it should most definitely be removed...


I have been trying to get in touch with Maumelle Public Works to get the brush pile picked up, but they are super busy with all the storm damage, there is no telling when it will happen. I am really excited to bring our sweet Levi home to this laying in the front yard...

No comments: