Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Showers for Levi

Despite months of me explaining how much I didn't need a shower for Levi since I JUST had one for Lydia, I was unable to escape the kindness of my friends!! I just felt weird inviting people to another shower to buy us more stuff when everyone was so generous to us last year. Quick story to illustrate just how recently I had showers for Lydia:

JoEllyn got us a picture frame that holds a handprint, a footprint and a photo. I was so excited to get the frame because we had the same one for Lydia and had just gotten it all assembled. It is really really cute. I was surprised she had gotten it for us because we hadn't registered for it with Levi. When I told JoEllyn all of this, she was confused and kept telling me it was in fact on our registry. A few minutes later Jill came over and started telling us how funny she thought it was that when she went to Babies R Us and asked for a print out of our registry, they gave her Lydia's. She said she had never known anyone with kids so closed together the first registry was still active!! Then JoEllyn and I realized she had done all of her shopping off Lydia's registry!!

Anyway...we had two showers in the past week, and once again our friends overwhelmed us with their love and generosity!

Jennifer, Jill, Holly, Stephanie and JoEllyn gave us a shower at Jennifer's house on Tuesday night. I never ceased to be amazed at Jennifer and Stephanie's creativity! They made the vases, letters and tablecloth/runner to match Levi's bedding. Jennifer also made us two canvases that match his bedding EXACTLY for us to put in the nursery! What a blessing to have such wonderful friends...












These are the canvases Jennifer made us...still gotta get them on the wall

Not sure there is room for another cousin...


Sweet Bear from Annie



Grandpa, Annie, Aunt Becca and Tia got us a double stroller




Pa Chief and Grandma Beth getting Levi ready to be a little Razorback




Last Wednesday my wonderful friends at work gave us a shower. The cake was AMAZINGLY yummy, and all the gifts were so thoughtful! It makes it easier to go to work because I get to work with such a fun group of women!!




It's also really nice to work the same place as Necon...

The new girls were so sweet to participate!!
Deb, Shannon and Karla
Ms. Jackie (who thinks she and my husband will one day run off together...)
Mrs. Redious and Susan

Rheba and Evelyn

Tiffany and Deb

This is Karen...she was my preceptor when I first graduated nursing school! She taught me everything I need to know and has been a great support and encouragement through the last two and a half years...

Debbie and Lydia eating animal crackers

This is Debbie, our lactation nurse...she made the super cute door hanger that is in the background. We didn't have one for Lydia since we were at the hospital on such short notice, so I am really excited to have one for Levi. It says his name and birthday on the streamers!!


We had a hard time getting some of the toys away from Lydia


Oh...we couldn't keep her out of the cake either!

I think she is enjoying her last few days of being the only one...gonna be a lot to get used to!!

4 comments:

Little Rock Real Estate said...

That was my lactation nurse. Loved her. She taught me how to nurse in front of everyone! Gotta love that.

Shelly

Hi, I'm Ginny said...

I saw your blog on Michelle's. I'm so excited for your family! Congrats on the upcoming new addition. Lydia is beautiful.

JoEllyn said...

heehee "Jeni, I'm telling you the frame was on your registry!" I hope Cortney doesn't see the pic of how cute the decorations were at your shower because she may be a little sad when she gets to hers...

Michelle said...

Levi's room is soo cute! We can't wait to meet him, see you soon!